Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bookalicious :: Joy the Baker Cookbook


I was so excited when this book arrived at my house.  Joy the Baker is one of the original fabulous food bloggers who have inspired me.   I adore her.  I adore her writing style.  But mostly I adore her food.  It makes me drool.  It makes me cook.  It makes me want to be a better baker.




So when the offer came to receive her book (for free!  yipee!) I literally jumped at the offer.  Then I learned she's headed to Seattle in two weeks.  Are you so excited?  You should be so excited.  




If you aren't excited and you don't know Joy the Baker, let me fill you in.  Joy is a foodie just like me.  She learned to cook because she loved being in the kitchen with a family who loved being in the kitchen.  I can relate.  Only instead of learning to bake (too science-y) I learned to cook.  I yearn to be a better baker which is where Joy comes in.  Her spunky attitude and charming personality come through in every post - and in the book it's in every recipe, introduction, and in all the notes.  She makes you feel that you could be a phenomenal baker because you are baking along side her.  I would love to actually bake alongside her (major girl crush) but that's probably a long shot...




Joy will be at the Book Larder in Fremont March 15th from 6:30-8pm and she would LOVE to sign your book!  If you don't have one already, you can pick them up at the Book Larder or online here.  


Happy Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment