Thursday, March 1, 2012

Color of the Month :: Turquoise


I think turquoise is one of the best colors.  Not especially the stone - it has such distinct "southwestern" connotations.  But the bright shade, reminiscent of sparkling beaches and crashing waves.  Turquoise is a very soothing color.  In this month drenched with kelly green and shamrocks, why not buck tradition (we're bucking Pantone, after all) and give turquoise a whirl?

One of the things I love about this color is that you can use it practically anywhere.  It could be hand towels, mixing bowls, a picture - or you could go all out and tile the whole bathroom in it.  I don't recommend it because we'll have another color next month and I don't want you to go re-tile in just a few weeks.

I have a small-ish project planned in the realm of turquoise that is really exciting.  Mostly exciting because I've been meaning to do it for TWO YEARS!  Eek.  Turquoise is finally the color that inspired change - that inspired I finish this darn project already.



Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest so you don't miss any of the inspiring photos I discover this month!  See you back here next week for a fun - and turquoise - project.


See January Yellow here
See February Funfetti here

1 comment:

  1. Fun color choice, one of my favorite! I like the updated blog layout.

    ReplyDelete