Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Friday


Friday, Friday!  Today is HUGE for the basement because DRYWALL is being hung!  Sorry for all the yelling, but I am SO EXCITED!  Drywall starts today and gets hung for two or three days.  Then they come in and tape the seams and 'mud' them to smooth out any bumps from seams and nails.  Then a quick sanding and we're onto our first coat of paint!

Can you believe it?  We're one week (plus a few days) away from our first coat of paint!

The first coat of paint is a little bit of a tease because it goes on AND THEN all of the finish work happens.  Tile get laid, flooring goes down, trim and cabinets get installed.  Then after all of that - after a month (or more) of work - the next coat of paint goes on the walls.

So while it is extremely exciting, it's not quite as exciting as when we are putting on the last coat of paint. But we'll get there.


In other news from around the blog this week

:: My friend from high school won an Oscar.  Did I say that casually?  Because it still freaks me out a little bit that someone I know is an Academy Award winning director.

:: I'm getting ready for a camping photo shoot and I am so excited.  The materials have been stacking up and it's going to be adorable!

:: I made a pillow out of my favorite sweater (tear) and it sure is cute.  Do you have an old sweater that needs a new life?

:: Did you see this awesome photo my sister took?

:: It's March!  Which means another color of the month!

:: I have a new cookbook crush.  And she's coming to the Book Larder in two weeks!

:: I'm a little obsessed with colored jeans and shoes one shade off.  Can you tell?  I've been wearing it everywhere.  I have flats that work too.  Obsessed.


And I'll see you back here this afternoon for another edition of Happy Hour Friday!  Until then, have a great day and cheers!

-a


No comments:

Post a Comment