Monday, November 14, 2011

Good morning!

How was your weekend?  We have had a great few days - starting with our concrete pour on Friday!  The floor is poured, it looks awesome, and we are getting the boiler hooked up today.  It's really exciting to see the progress and know that we are getting really close to being able to start decorating.  Obviously, Mr. Hedin thinks we have a long way to go until then, but I sure don't!  I'm ready!


The above photos may not look exciting to you - but you can see the tubing in the floor that will very soon be pumping hot water!  Yes - hot water!  We will have warm floors in the basement.  I think it's critical to have warm floors in the basement - especially since my boys will have a bedroom down there.  Nothing is worse than super cold floors when you sit on the floor or step out of bed in the morning.  Heated floors also add a really nice quality of heat.  It's not blowing air but just a warmth that surrounds the room.  Maybe I should get a job at the floor heat place.  I'm a huge fan.

I'll start sharing with you some of my ideas and the direction we are taking with the decor.  I know exactly what I want to do!  Get excited!

In the mean time, around the world this morning ::

:: It's time to plant garlic!  It's super easy to grow and you can get growing in container tips here.

:: A stunning autumn birthday from Design*Sponge

:: Want to see the stove I picked out for the kitchen?  Not sure if I can afford it - but Marcus Samuelsson uses one and they come in a variety of colors.  I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment