Are you getting ready for Thanksgiving? If you are looking for a few new things to do this season, why not think outside of the box and create a table with shimmery metallic colors? Every image I looked at online is super rustic and hokey. I didn't like it. I was hoping for some inspiration.
Instead I turned to my spray paint cupboard and saw the silver sitting there looking lonely. So I sprayed the pumpkins and gourds left over from Halloween. Then I sprayed the wheat gold and searched for something equally shiny to wrap it with. Copper pipe fittings from the basement project worked perfectly. Plus they are cheap enough that they are worth a trip to your neighborhood hardware store.
I already have gold rimmed china - and basic silverware. I placed them on a wooden tray to add another layer of texture and acts as a placemat.
I really wanted my candlesticks too. But almost everything I like seems to be in boxes because of the move/remodel. Instead we made some with a block of wood. A scrap of a 2 x 4 with a hole drilled in the top makes a really cheap candlestick that you can spray paint any color at all. Obviously, I chose silver.
This is a really simple way to make a Thanksgiving table out of nothing. Hope this gives you some ideas for your own celebration.



love the simplicity and the handmade aspects!
ReplyDelete