Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting Beautiful :: Intraceuticals Facial

I was lucky enough to get a facial from the Intraceuticals team two weeks ago.  I haven' thad a facial in ages - since I had babies and stopped having "extra" money.  So this was a treat.

The concept is that it's not a traditional facial where they 'extract' (read pick your face), cleanse, etc.  But this facial uses a patented machine that uses oxygen to push vitamins and acids into your pores to create a smoother skin surface and a youthful appearance.


They warn you ahead of time that one treatment isn't going to provide a complete turnaround.  But they sent me home with a series of products designed to compliment the regime at home.  I was skeptical.  I still am, quite frankly.

But I have been shocked at the compliments I have received in the last week on my skin and how refreshed I look.  In case I need to remind you, I have three children.  Who have decided not to sleep in their own beds recently.  Who test my patience regularly.  Who cause me to not sleep more than four to five hours a night.

And I have had more people tell my that I look really well rested.  I'm not well rested.  Not even kind of.

Maybe this stuff really does work.


Their spokesperson, Gina Brooks, swears by it.  She uses the treatment as a way to prep the skin of celebrities she works with - like J.Lo, Madonna, and the case of many TV shows - like the Mentalist.  I got to meet her and chat about the products.  She's lovely - and a mother herself so she understands the stress your skin deals with on a regular basis.

I wanted a picture with her, but should have remembered that I had no make up on.  None.  Not even mascara.  Really bad move.  Oh well.


I'll be back for another facial soon because they are available at Nordstrom Spa locations - including my favorite spa downtown.  You can get the facial and pick up the products there.  I got the 'rejuvinate' facial but they have a variety of options including 'clarity' which helps with acne.  Try it for yourself.  Especially if you have a big event coming up.  Make-up really does go on better.



No comments:

Post a Comment