I hope you had a great week. I didn't particularly. But it was no fault of yours. We lost a good friend and spent the week celebrating her life and remembering her.
While it's hard to lose someone - especially someone so phenomenal - it's inspiring to look at her life and find the little lessons. I took away a lot of things from her life a little at at time. We met when I was four and she was the mother of my new best friend. I knew her when I was a child, she watched me grow up, she was an amazing friend to me as an adult. Her influence on my life is irreplaceable but I took away a few new things that I thought I'd share with you
:: Always fix yourself up. You never know what may be a photo opportunity and sweatpants and a ponytail aren't that cute.
:: Find a really really good colorist. It makes a world of difference. She was not a natural blonde, but you would not have known it (except that she told EVERYONE even if they didn't ask)
:: Be classy and play a prank at every opportunity.
:: A really expensive terry cloth bathrobe is not an indulgence, it's a necessity.
In a blog-o-sphere that is obsessed with Iris Apfel right now (I think she's pretty great too) there are role models in our own backyard that are being overlooked. My friend was just as classy as Mrs. Apfel, just as stylish, and way more fun. Let's idolize her instead.
I'm already ready for Happy Hour this week. You? See you at three thirty today!
Until then, here's what happened around the blog this week
:: We covered our really ugly wall outside
:: My uniform is virtually unchanging. This warmer weather may necessitate mixing it up a little, however...
:: Are you prepared for a party? At any moment? This is all you need.

No comments:
Post a Comment