Question #1 :: What do you use on your skin?
Comes alternately as :: How do you have such good skin? What is your favorite skin product? How old are you?
Answer :: Way too many things. If it is out there, I have probably tried it. Topical only. I don't go for injections or other things that require a doctors office. I have a variety of things that I do depending on the day, the weather, the season, the activities of the day.
When I get asked this question I either start to stutter uncontrollably while I try to come up with a reasonable answer that doesn't make me sound neurotic or I laugh it off. Because if you wanted the real answer, it would take way too long.
The reason I am a little crazy - and the reason I don't like people touching my face - is because I don't like to wear make up. At all. You know those girls who loved make up from an early age? The girls who wore actual lip stick in middle school and spent time in high school applying eye shadow? I was not that girl. I am not that girl. The fact that I get eyeliner on straight is a miracle. And a necessity because I have small eyes.
this is my daily make up - that's it.
I learned early that if you have good skin, you don't have to wear much make up.
Here's a quick list of what I actually have and use on a regular basis :: Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser, Kiehl's Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser, Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer, Kiehl's Cryste Marine Ultra Riche, Origins 'A Perfect World' cleanser, Origins Starting Over Eye Cream, Kate Sommerville ExfoliKate, Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser, & Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. And that's just what I had in front of the cabinet.
And then just last week I discovered this ::
It doesn't replace absolutely everything, but it's pretty close. It's Aveda's Tourmaline Charged skin care system. It's a three step process twice a day and a mask once in a while. It's lovely. And it solves the biggest issue of all.
"How do you have such good skin?"
Answer :: "Try Aveda's Tourmaline skin system thing-y. It's been great for me." Big sigh of relief.
I actually got to use this answer in two different mommy play groups this week. Follow up answers include, yes, it's not super cheap, but we aren't exactly getting younger. It comes in a small size that's $30 and perfect for about two weeks - so you can try it out.
To answer that last question - I do still use the above listed items. And probably a few more that I left out. But if you have good skin, preschool drop off can be gracefully done in sunglasses.



No comments:
Post a Comment