The finish work has begun in the basement! So from here on out there are no more "big" changes - no adjustments - it's all finishing up what we've planned.
It's a little bit nerve wracking to see all of the components we have ordered start to arrive and hope for the best that they match, they fit, and they all work together. The stairs have been re-built and will end up being painted stairs with a sisal runner.
All of the doors have been installed and the trim around them is up. (This is all storage! I can't wait!)
And new windows are starting to go in this week. What was once glass brick will now be fancy new windows that open. The exterior color was chosen because of it's proximity in color to Twin Palms, Frank Sinatra's Palm Springs abode. When we eventually repaint the exterior, this seems the best color tone. When I think of a modern/mid-century house, I turn to white. White is ridiculously impractical in the Northwest. An alternate exterior color is mandatory and I love the muted sand tones of Twin Palms.
The flooring is installed. It's pretty much impossible to see because we have covered our fancy new Marmoleum floor with protective paper so it doesn't get dinged. The color is called 'parchment' and it's a white tone that's a tiny bit yellow. It's going to be perfect.
Tile started today with their prep work which means next week I can start to show you images of the progress! I can't wait!




No comments:
Post a Comment