Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Inspiration :: The Boys room

Right when we pulled out the walls in the basement and began the remodel, I started pulling together ideas for what the space should look like.  I was all over the map.


The good news is, I stick to one color - always - and that is a great place for me to start.  Every room, every space, starts by thinking of where Verdant Green can fit in.  You may remember the shade from it's very bold appearance on my living room floor.  Or maybe you recall my old front door.

It's my color.

For the boys room I played with the idea of stripes on the ceiling (ala Jenna Lyons) or maybe painting the walls a fun color.  But I have pulled the room together in my brain now - which means all that's left is putting it together in real life.  After drywall, of course.


99% of the things for their room we already have.  I bought fabric in Hawaii that will be the main fabric on the boys beds.  The backside will be from the bolt of Hable Construction's surf stripe that I bought a few years ago and have already covered a little couch in - that will also be in their room.

Drywall starts on Monday - followed by the first coat of paint - flooring - then we'll be ready to install finishes!

I can't wait to share the finished room with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment