Happy Monday morning. It's a great week at our house and I am so excited because my cousin is home from college for a week and she is one of our favorite babysitters. My kids adore her - and so do I - plus I get a week of having help! Miracle!
In anticipation of her arrival I planned out all kinds of projects including a huge (adorable) photo shoot tomorrow afternoon. Plus I have a few boxes of plants that I'm ready to plant. I just usually have helpers. Helpers that don't help so much.
One of those things I'll be planting is peas. Do you soak your peas? It helps them to sprout sooner. I soak mine overnight in water and plant the next day. They've been known to soak two days and turned out fine. Be sure to label which peas are in which cup of water. Or maybe don't and have a fun surprise guessing which is which in the summer (not my idea of fun).
As I plant the garden - and edible plants in our home garden - I'll be sharing each step with you here. I encourage you to run out and get some pea seeds and follow along. You don't need much to grow fresh peas. And fresh peas are awesome. My kids love to eat them straight off the vine (highly encouraged) and I love to toss them in a risotto or fresh pasta.
Peas take very little attention too. Plant them, provide something for them to climb on, and water them. Super simple.
Have a great Monday!


No comments:
Post a Comment