Monday, March 26, 2012

Easter ideas from New Day Northwest

Did you see me today on New Day Northwest? Watch it here! *update*


                                   




I had some ideas for Easter this year that are a little different from the traditional Easter crafts -  a little more fun.


Peeps!  Did you know you can make your own?  They are really easy.  Use any marshmallow recipe and simply coat the finished marshmallows in sanding sugar.  I use the marshmallow recipe from my book - or to make them extra special, try these "adult" version with tequila and lime - Margarita Peeps!


An "Egg" Basket.  Get it, it holds eggs... it's made of eggs.  Anywho...  I made this little basket from blown out eggs.  I spray painted one of them with hot pink because hot pink is fun.  I see no reason why this holiday can't be fun too.  It's technically a celebration, so celebrate!


Finally, an egg hunt.  What Easter is complete without an Easter Egg Hunt?  In our family we have thirteen year olds and two year olds.  There is no way you can make a regular egg hunt fair for everyone. I decided this year to 'camoflague' a few eggs that would be harder for the older kids to find.  And to embellish some eggs for the little one.

I hope you have a fabulous Easter!

Directions for:
Adult Peeps
Regular Peeps
"Egg" Basket
Egg Hunt Eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment