Thursday, March 22, 2012

Craft it :: Blown Egg Basket


I have been dreaming of building a basket made of blown out eggs for a while now.  I know that's a really weird thing to dream about, but it's a dream.  After trying way too many different ways of building this, I discovered I was making it too complicated.  This can be done in - literally - ten minutes (once the eggs are blown out).  The egg blowing out is the hardest part.


You'll need 
18 blown out eggs
Hot glue + glue gun
1 small bowl


Step 1 :: Using the bowl as a frame, arrange eggs inside the bowl in layers.  
Step 2 :: Begin with the bottom layer and apply small dots of hot glue at the points where eggs touch.
Step 3 :: Work your way up the bowl, marking eggs as needed to apply the glue on the correct spots.
Step 4 :: Let glue sit for a few moments to set completely.  Invert bowl and very carefully remove egg basket.  


I have an exciting plan bubbling for one of these baskets - I can't wait to share it with you!!  Watch for it on television March 26th (that's Monday) on New Day Northwest at 11am on KING 5.  


No comments:

Post a Comment