Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cook it :: Magically Delicious Rice Krispie Treats


I'm really excited for St. Patrick's Day this year.  I don't know why.  I'm not Irish.  I don't look particularly good in green.  But I have so many ideas for this year!  And I still keep looking for more.  When I was on Pinterest yesterday I kept seeing Lucky Charms and I had an epiphany.  How cool would it be to put them in Rice Krispie Treats?  


A little experimenting revealed that we did not want Rice Krispie Treats made entirely with Lucky Charms cereal.  It's too clunky.  There's a reason you use Rice Krispies.  And the ratio of marshmallow bits to cereal needs a bit of adjustment to make these truly spectacular.  They are magically delicious.


(You have no idea how many times I said that while making them.  I made a four year old crazy.  Who knew that was possible??)


Magically Delicious Treats
40 standard marshmallows
1/4 cup butter
2 cups Lucky Charm cereal, marshmallows removed
4 cups Rice Krispie cereal
2 cups Lucky Charms marshmallows

In a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter together.  Stir often to prevent sticking or burning.  When melted add both cereals and stir to combine.  Add lucky marshmallows and incorporate quickly, stirring as little as possible.  They break easily.

Pour mixture into a buttered 9 x 9 inch pan and press into the corners.  Let rest 30 minutes to one hour. Slice into cubes.


No comments:

Post a Comment