Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Bus Arrived...

... and the new Kate Spade collection stepped off!  


Last night Nordstrom hosted a FABULOUS event in honor of the latest Kate Spade collection (literally) rolling into town.  Deborah Lloyd, Creative Director of Kate Spade New York was on hand to meet, greet, and charm shoppers.  I got to steal a few moments of her time and I'll tell you all about that later this morning.  She is a delight.


I adore this collection and the "Year of Pattern."  On the heels of last year's "Year of Color," Kate Spade New York is featuring a new pattern each month inspired by Florence Broadhurst.  If you pop into Nordstrom you can buy a copy of the Florence Broadhurst book by Helen O'Neill.  It's the book that inspired the collaboration with the graphic icon.  

If you are in the market for some bold inspiration - perhaps you are looking to incorporate some Funfetti into your home? - this is a great book for it.  I brought it home last night and spent the rest of the evening pouring through it.  She has an amazing story and a beautiful legacy that we should all embrace - go bold!  


I can't wait to see what the next pattern is for Kate Spade - judging by the fall 2012 preview - I'm going to love the whole year.  Which is terrible for Mr. Hedin and his finances...


images :: My Kate Spade coat paired with coral pants and red shoes :: the official bus tour t-shirt :: Fab book by Helen O'Neill :: The Vivian Girls playing to an attentive crowd on the second floor :: a super chic DJ :: buttons! :: the collection on display on the first floor of Downtown Nordstrom



1 comment: