Monday, February 27, 2012
Good Morning + Unabashed Pride
Watching the Oscars last night took on a whole new meaning. Someone I knew - someone I went to high school with - someone I worked on a video with (he was the photographer) - was nominated for an Oscar. AN OSCAR. The biggest award someone in the entertainment industry can be awarded. Being an Oscar nominee means you are the top of your field. You are considered the best. You can be introduced as "Oscar Nominated Blah-bli-ti-blah" for the rest of your life. I was thrilled for him.
Thrilled because he is such a nice guy. Thrilled when he was interviewed on the red carpet by Ryan Seacrest (I die) with Sean Combs. Thrilled that he was so well spoken.
The awards came on. I made the kids be quiet. We all focused on the nomination for Best Documentary in a way that we never have before.
And he won.
HE WON!
TJ Martin won Best Documentary for the film "Undefeated."
I am so proud.
In other Oscar news (I'm still buzzing with excitement)
:: Michelle Williams wore my favorite color dress
:: Loved Melissa McCarthy backstage with Billy Crystal
:: "This was the most important thing he gave me, 'Wherever you go and whoever you meet, always treat people with kindness and humor.'"
—The Descendant's Amara Miller on the best advice costar George Clooney gave her
:: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo editing team won. And they decided to stop talking when they ran out of things to say. A lesson for all of us. When you're done, stop whether the music has started or not.
I hope you have a great Monday! I'll see you back here soon for some fabulous basement updates!
TJ Martin photo via eonline (because TJ swore. he went to Roosevelt. it's just part of the public school deal.)
Michelle Williams via eonline photographer/ Getty Images Jason Merritt
Melissa McCarthy photo via Academy Awards Instagram feed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment