Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Hedin House at Christmas


Christmas this year feels a little scattered.  A lot of that has to do with the fact that our Christmas decorations and other bits are stored in a variety of locations depending on when they were moved out of the house.  Some have never even been in the new house.  They didn't make it out of storage before we began the remodel.

And so, this year, there are things that are missing.  Our traditional advent calendar is in a box.  As are our stockings.  And our Christmas books.  But we've (read :: I've) made the house festive despite the missing items and I dare say it looks fabulous.


For reasons I'm not questioning, Mr. Hedin thought a white tree was as good of an idea as I did.  That rarely happens.  It may have had something to do with my non-stop chatter about how divine a white or flocked tree would be and he gave in.  What ever the case, I love it.


It's the first year my pink flamingo looks good on the tree.  It usually looks large and awkward and I always hope for a gaping hole in the tree so it can have a home.  I also decorated with glittered pinecones.  They were a score from last year - from Walmart of all places!  My mom and I found ourselves there on Whidbey Island and the Christmas decorations were all 80% off.  I stocked up.




I have only wrapped a small number of packages, but what I have wrapped is in bright colors.  Who says Christmas has to be drab?  Certainly not me.  (See here for further proof)

Yes, those are Tiffany boxes.  If you haven't checked out the selection of Tiffany glassware and crystal you are missing out on an affordable luxury that is a FAB gift.  No one knows just how reasonable some things are - especially when they are cloaked in a pale blue box.



The bar.  And I scored a set of gold rimmed champagne coupes last week that I adore.  They are featured in an upcoming 425 Magazine shoot - I can't wait to see the photos!


Merry Christmas!  Next year I hope to have everything present and accounted for!



2 comments:

  1. Love! And I hear you about not having everything up. I don't have as good a reason as you do, I was just crazy-goofy busy with work this year. I decided the best gift should be my sanity, so I decided to just put up a few things and really enjoy the holiday versus fretting over its nonstop prep. As always, you've done a beautiful job of making the house very merry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful hedin house for christmas and nice christmas gift.Happy marry christmas!



    Jewelry Shopping

    ReplyDelete