Monday, November 15, 2010

Good Morning!



What a crazy few weeks it's been.  So crazy, in fact, that I completely forgot we were leaving town this coming Saturday until we were driving home yesterday.  When we decided to take this "little job" that I was doing and expand,  had no idea it would start to consume so much of my time.  I've gone from a stay-at-home mom who did art projects with her kids to a stay-at-home mom who thinks she's loosing her mind 24-7.

The good news is I have a break coming up. We're going to Palm Springs for ten days to celebrate Thanksgiving, drink margaritas, and lay by the pool.  It's going to be lovely.  It's going to be lovely having Mr. Hedin around all day.  It's going to be lovely being warm in the sun.  And it's going to be lovely to recharge my brain after three weeks of constant work with very few brainstorm breaks.  I need brainstorm breaks.  I love brainstorm breaks.

But in the mean time, there is Thanksgiving to plan for!  I have lots of ideas and recipes - they've been posting all month, so I'm sure you've gotten the picture.  This week I'm posting a bunch of crafts that are fun to make - and easy to make - for Thanksgiving.  And you can see them all on Better Northwest this Thursday around 9:15am (on KIRO 7).  I'll post the video here as soon as it's aired so if you're not in the Northwest you can still see me in person crafting away!


I found some cool things this weekend that you may want to check out.

:: DIY Fabric Party Hats on Momtastic

:: The photography in this spread on Design*Sponge makes me want to break out the rum and try this drink.  And I'm not a big fan of rum.

:: I can't wait to see what Emily Henderson does with this sofa.  I totally see how cool it could be and I want one.  Really want one.  Stay tuned.  She'll reveal on her show.


Oh, and I got fake eyelashes this weekend.  I have really tiny eyelashes regularly, so I thought this would be a great solution to make me look 'just a little more awake.'  Turns out I got the stripper package instead.  It's a bit much.  Especially for preschool.  But I bet it will look awesome on camera.  The debate is whether it's worth it in my regular life. I'm told Tracy Taylor said it wasn't.  Stay tuned.


Photo by Jeff Hobson - the mist rising off of my in-laws 'lodge'/guest house last fall.  I love this photo because it's so evocative of fall mornings in the Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment