Monday, October 18, 2010

Good Morning

An awesome use of an old trophy (Goodwill?  Value Village?).  I'm on the hunt now.  Via Design*Sponge


This weekend was pure madness.  After my segment on KOMO 4 News on Wednesday (featuring popcorn costumes and kid's animal hoodies) we left for Whidbey Island.  My cousin's husband was just promoted in the Navy, so the change-of-command ceremony was Thursday morning, a family dinner Thursday night, and a big party with everyone Friday night.  After a wedding Saturday night, we went to Picasso last night at the Seattle Art Museum.  I told you, it was madness.  Adding to the madness, I had meetings in Seattle on Friday that I drove down from Whidbey for.

So I'm a little tired this morning.

But it's going to be a great week!  We are beginning to film segments for KIRO this week that will air really soon and we are one week closer to the book release!  But in case my week isn't of that much interest to you, here are some other things to look forward to.


:: Rainn Wilson (Dwight from the Office) is coming to the opening of the new Kiehl's store in Bellevue Square.  He's in town all week doing comedy - but this is a chance to see him truly up close and in person. The party starts at 12noon 10:30am where the Orange Julius used to be.

:: This Thursday (October 21st) Rian bags is having a sample sale.  I've featured their bags numerous times in the magazine because they have a really beautiful product.  Not to mention, they are from Seattle - which I love.  The sale is from 11am-9am 159 Western Avenue West, suite 457).  Bring cash!

:: It's National Women in Business week this week.  Tory Burch is sending 100% of her profits from a selection of products to her foundation which sets up women in our country with microloans to start their own business.


Posting this week may be a little sporatic as we continue to recipe test and craft right up until the last moment on Thursday!  I'll post some behind the scenes pictures soon of our taping.  We have the best location ever - and some really good content.  Video will post - so if you're not in Seattle, or not home at 9am - you can still watch and be inspired!


No comments:

Post a Comment