Friday, April 9, 2010

The A-List


Do

Stop by the Kiehl's store in U Village this Saturday and pick up your new best friend at their Pet Adoption event. And then stop in the store any day the rest of the week to help out with their fund-raiser for Seattle's Motley Zoo Animal Rescue. Motley Zoo is a local (duh) charity dedicated to improving the quality of life for animals locally, nationally and internationally. Plus, pick up my new favorite face wash while you are there - Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser.



Be inspired

Have you ever wanted to go to France to cooking school? You're not alone. Julia wasn't the only one to take the plunge - and you can read along one of my favorite blogs as she navigates a short course in cooking in Paris. Plus, she has adorable British lingo that I know I can't pull off. Maybe I'll start trying? Maybe not... http://atasteofsavoie.blogspot.com/



Read
On the beach last week I read a new book from the editor of Real Simple, Just let me lie down. A glossary of 'mom-terms' it's a hilarious quick read that will have you laughing from the introduction on. With a little bit of crying when you realize how close to home it hits. If you are a mother, this is your book. If you know a mother, buy this for her. It's nice to know you're not the only one choosing a nap over a shower most days. Order here on Amazon.com




Garden

Strawberries! Hooray! It's time to plant strawberries! Order them now from Territorial Seed Company and they will ship ASAP for you to plop in the ground. They will grow almost anywhere with good sun exposure so find a sunny corner of the garden and enjoy. Even if you only get one or two berries this year, you will be thrilled with next years crop. (provided, of course, that you tend to them in between)

1 comment:

  1. I ordered that book. Thanks for the recommendation, you can never have enough mommy advice (even if it just for a laugh). I am looking forward to its arrival.

    ReplyDelete