Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Organization Overload


The basement is finished.  From a construction perspective.  That means it's time to organize, decorate, hang photos, and put stuff away.  When we moved in to this house, one year ago, there were a lot of things we just never unpacked.  There wasn't room for them, we knew we were remodeling soon, and we just didn't want to deal with it (I was super pregnant).  

But now they are getting unpacked.  The things that had been jammed in cabinets or packed away in my parent's basement are back at our house and we are totally overwhelmed.  

It's not that I didn't know that I had too much stuff.  It's that I forgot how much stuff 'too much stuff' is - and how much room it takes up.  If I'm a little absent this week (and maybe next??) it's because I'm buried in the basement under a pile of bubble wrap and newsprint.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm in the middle of a remodel/move/3-wedding summer--trying to find the joy in organizing, re-organizing, and un-organizing.

    ReplyDelete