There are very few things that I actively dislike. Laundry is one of them. I truly do not like to do laundry. One could even say I hate it. It's boring, it takes forever, and it's endless. The moment you think you have FINALLY finished all of the laundry, someone comes in from outside and takes off layers upon layers of dirty clothes.
In our old washer and dryer I did an average of twelve loads a week. That's not counting sheets and towels.
That's a lot of laundry.
When we started planning the new basement I became obsessed with the Electrolux washer and dryer. As a mom who hates laundry, the thought of being able to wash so many things at one time was exciting. And that they could be washed so quickly was amazing. (There is a setting that can wash a load in 15 minutes and dry it in 15 minutes!)
Because I had worked with Electrolux and Albert Lee Appliance before, I knew exactly where to go to get exactly what I wanted. The people at Albert Lee were super helpful - and even though I knew exactly what I wanted - they still made sure I knew about the other brands and options that were available. But not in an annoying way.
I watched the entire first load run. I sat on the floor and watched it. The last time I loved something this much, it was a child.
Creating a laundry space that doesn't make me cringe has helped too. I've filled it with colors I love, products that work, and a few charming details.
I'll share more of the actual space soon... awaiting details and finishing touches to be installed.

You're picture layout makes laundry look dreamy.... I too dislike laundry and luckily have a husband who loves to do laundry... I know.
ReplyDeleteWHat I really want to know is how to get a non-fake fresh scent on my laundry. We use ALL or Tide clear detergents to stay away from any harmful allergens, but my laundry doesn't smell like anything. I want to smell something lovely. Any advice?
Have you tried dryer sachets? They are pictured above because I love them. They are simply filled with lavender and scent everything just slightly. Lovely. I've found them at Metropolitan Market and Whole Foods. Hope that helps!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I saw this post. I'm out to buy a washer + dryer this weekend, and am looking at the Electrolux. A couple days later, are you still in love?
ReplyDeleteTotally love them! They are the best!!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear! We bought a pair yesterday, getting them installed in our first house next week. I was totally sold on the 'quick wash/dry' cycle, too. And, the noise--or lack thereof.
ReplyDeleteNow, to just make the rest of the space worthy... :)