Thursday, May 31, 2012

Craft it :: B Day napkins (+ a video!)



These are not hard to make - I promise.  And because I say that all the time (because it's true) and no one believes me, I thought a video may help.

I love to create fun elements like this - because with custom napkins all you need to make the table awesome is white table cloths and white plates.  The napkins become the star of the show.  As they should be.  These don't take much time - I did thirty - and you'll have them forever.




B Day Custom Napkins
blank napkins (washed and ironed)
fabric paint
brayer
carving base (Speedball makes a good one)
pencil
pattern or initial print out
exacto knife
double stick tape + wood block (optional)

Step 1 ::  Rub the side of a pencil over the 'right' side of the print out covering the design completely
Step 2 ::  Flip design over and center the image on the blank carving base
Step 3 ::  Trace around the up-side-down design
Step 4 ::  Remove paper and you will be left with a reverse image of the design.
Step 5 ::  Cut out with an exacto knife
Step 6 ::  Optional :: Using double stick tape, adhere stamp base to a small piece of wood
Step 7 ::  Place a small amount of paint on a washable surface
Step 8 ::  Lay napkin out flat over paper towels or other non-ruin-able surface
Step 9 ::  Roll brayer through paint and onto stamp.  Be sure to create an even and smooth layer
Step 10 ::  Gently place stamp on napkin and press down.
Step 11 :: Follow package instructions for setting the paint.  Mine required a 24 hour air dry and a short trip through the dryer.


No comments:

Post a Comment