Until then, I thought I would show you behind the scenes at KOMO News. It's completely different than being behind the scenes at New Day Northwest over at KING 5. For one thing, KOMO News shoots in the news room. And by 'news room' they mean cubicles where people who report the news work. It's a chaotic space that also feels a little awkward because you are actually in people's personal space.
If you remember at New Day Northwest, I look out to an audience. Not on the news. Here I look out to two cameras and three dudes + a monitor to see what I look like. (Not good.)
While I was setting up Connie Thompson was taping part of her Problem Solvers segment - with an Emmy winning photographer (who got the call while they were filming and while I was sitting there).
I realized you may not know how I get from my house to the studio. This is how. Scout totes have revolutionized my life. I have a variety of sizes of these boxes because they fold up - they hold up to forty pounds - and they are cute. It goes on a Samsonite luggage carrier and I'm off. It's a total Grandma look, but I can get in and out of a space with class by myself. I am by myself 90% of the time because it's really just me that does all of this. There is no magic team that 'makes things happen' or assistants that get me scheduled. I have a partner, but she's also a stay at home mom and our time is extremely valuable.
I set up by the vending machines. There's also a little kitchen nearby. And lots of people on break. Thus lots of comments on whatever I am setting up!
Literally, the 4pm News films in the middle of people's business.
Did you miss what I presented? Check out the links for the week here:
:: I was on New Day Northwest on Monday! With more Easter ideas, recipes and crafts.
:: In contrast to the "backstage" of KOMO - New Day Northwest has an actual stage.
:: If you need the recipe for Margarita Peeps or directions for the Egg Basket - click on them!
See you at Happy Hour!
-a






No comments:
Post a Comment