Monday, March 19, 2012
Good Morning + Peas in the Garden
Last week I showed you the peas soaking - now they are in the garden. There wasn't really a week between the two projects. I did two different plantings of peas. One is in my backyard and the other is at the garden on Whidbey Island. In the backyard we have shelling peas and sweet peas along the side of the garden, behind the roses. On Whidbey we have shelling peas and sugar snap peas. My kids like both - if I can get them to eat fresh peas all summer it feels like a huge win.
I'm hoping the spring weather continues through the day today - my photo shoot (that I'm really excited about) got rained out last week. Actually, it got snowed out. In March. Crazy weather! Cross your fingers for me. We have got to get this shot this afternoon!
If you're going to plant peas (and you should) here's the steps ::
1. Soak pea seeds in water overnight.
2. Plant pea seeds two inches apart and about 1 inch deep.
3. Water in well.
4. Give peas something to climb up. I used the broken top of an old outdoor umbrella.
5. When peas start to come on the vine, pick often! The more you pick - the more you get. Same rule applies for Sweet Pea flowers.
I hope you have a great week - it's almost the first day of spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment