How was your weekend? Did I see you at the Northwest Flower and Garden Show? I hope so - I saw a lot of people and a lot of really inspiring gardens. I can't wait for spring!
I was ridiculously inspired while at the show. I spent one whole day wandering through the gardens and displays finding ideas for what's to come this summer. My goal was to get ideas for our vegetable garden at Whidbey, the new garden at our house, and a few fun things for the blog. Instead I found inspiration for an upcoming guest blog series, nearly wrote my entire next book, and met some awesome garden types who live in the neighborhood.
If you didn't make it to the show this year, be sure to mark your calendars for it next year. I'll definitely be back there! Can't wait!
Here are a few favorite ideas
:: Cascadian Edible Landscapes had a 99% edible landscape
:: The playgarden filled trays with birdseed for sensory exploration. Would it work here? Or would my kids be swarmed with crows?
:: Raised beds filled with decorative AND edible plants.
:: Loads of bright colors - mostly in plants but also in planters like these amazing plastic ones.
I'm so excited for spring! It seems so far away on rainy days like this. But I know it will soon be here and I'll have loads of inspiration, recipes, and crafts for making your garden lovely this year!


Hi Alexandra,
ReplyDeleteWas wondering who makes those lovely plastic molded wall pots?
Thank you so much,
Dina.
Love the orange planter, who makes it?
ReplyDeleteI'm planning my *first* spring garden in our *first* house. Can't wait!
Thanks for the ideas, and good luck with your planning.
The plastic wall pots are from Kul Designs. There was no one at the booth when I went by and their website has an extreme lack of information. But I think a little sleuthing could uncover a source. I'm on the hunt!
ReplyDeleteThe orange planter is a mystery. It was at a display garden and while there was no purchasing details there was a price tag... $985! Yikes!
ReplyDelete