Thursday, February 2, 2012
Craft it :: Treasure Hunt Puzzle
Nothing keeps a preschooler occupied longer than a good treasure hunt. So for Valentine's Day this year I created a fun - and inexpensive - treasure hunt for my kids. It's easy enough for Pearl but can still keep Lars hunting.
Here's my theory :: I found blank puzzles at the craft store - made them unique for each kid - then broke up the puzzles and hid the pieces. Pearl's pieces are pretty easy to find. Lars' are not. I'm keeping him busy.
This isn't just for kids. For your boyfriend or husband you can write a little love note, break up the pieces and stash them in their briefcase, lunch, car, etc. for them to find throughout the day. Talk about an easy way to say "I love you."
:: You'll need ::
Blank puzzles
paint brushes
water color paints or acrylic paints
Step 1 :: Quickly wash a pale color over the entire puzzle and let dry.
Step 2 :: Sketch the outline of your design on the dry base and paint the lines with black acrylic paint. Let dry
Step 3 :: Fill in design with color. Let dry.
Step 4 :: Break apart puzzle and play!
P.S. :: Here's the one I made for Mr. Hedin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment