I adore making jams, jellies, and preserves of all kinds. I love the process of making them, seeing my pantry full of beautiful glistening jars, and then giving them away. The only thing my family seems to run out of is Strawberry Jam - everything else I give away.
Every time I'm in the mood to make something - I only find a handful of recipes. And usually the recipes are boring - and not for anything I want to make. So can you imagine how THRILLED I was to get The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook? I can't even tell you. I was attempting to make lunch for my children, but I was so distracted by the book, their cheese sandwiches got a little black-ish on one side. Oops
I've already bookmarked loads of things for this spring and summer - so I don't forget - and I have several things I am making right now.
1. Cranberry Orange Marmalade
Made with regular old Navel Oranges and a homemade cranberry sauce + RUM! Yum.
2. Citron Shred
Made with Etrog Citrons - which I now have to find. But it's beautiful
3. Pear Jam with Rosemary
Yum. It just sounds perfect.
I love that this book also has detailed information on the ins and outs of canning/preserving in the front and a detailed list of fruits that can be preserved and how to do it. If Lars wasn't asleep right now we'd already be halfway through one recipe. But a trip to Metropolitan Market is in order and it's a little irresponsible to leave my 2 year old at home alone. He is almost three however...
Buy it yourself on Amazon.com here. Buy an autographed copy from the author here. Or just drool over all things jam here.
OH - I almost forgot, the author will be HERE IN SEATTLE November 29th teaching a class on making jam! It's for only eight people, so quickly go sign up here!



No comments:
Post a Comment