Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ten things I learned from Lonny Magazine

A little girl's bedroom.  I love it all.  

The new Lonny Magazine is online - I'm late to the game in reading it - but it's fantastic as usual.  I'm loving how many pages there are, how many pictures there are, and how I can spend an entire afternoon surrounded by toys and not notice because I'm so distracted by the magazine.  That doesn't happen very often.  Go check out the new issue yourself.  You'll love it - I know you will.  Here's what I gleaned (new favorite word).



1. Everyone deals with "childproofing" and children in the home.  I have been choosing outdoor fabric for my reupholstering projects I'm working on.  I'm not alone.


2. I'm not the only one who paints pumpkins.  I so much prefer a gold one.  And if you just lightly spray a white pumpkin from the top you get this lovely glittery look without using actual glitter (glitter seems to leave a trail where ever it goes...)


3. Celerie Kimble uses a lot of green.  Coincidence?


4. Ruthie Sommers is way younger than I thought she was.  Or I'm a lot older than I like to think I am.  She's only 10 years older than me and she has done some amazing high profile projects.  Will I accomplish that much in 10 years?



5. I am totally copying J.K. Place in Florence & Capri and getting stuff monogrammed A.H. Place.  I am super lucky that Mr. Hedin and I have the same initials.  Napkins, coasters, matches, what else...  Embroidery??  Towels for sure.




6. I want a library.  A proper one with a ladder.


7. Light a scented candle!  I always forget and you wouldn't believe what a lovely candle can do for
your mood.  Especially when you've had the horrid night sleeps that I've had.


8. I'm not a fan of gift guides.  But I do like when I can put a monogram on things.  So I can deal with a gift guide that includes monograms.  And jewelry.  Monogrammed jewelry would be the ultimate.


9. Lonny has a kick-ass blog.


10.  I'm not the only workaholic.  I like to say I'm 'passionate.'  Some members of my family use other words for it...


All photos via Lonny Magazine Issue 10

No comments:

Post a Comment