Monday, October 25, 2010
Northwest Flower and Garden Show
Did I tell you I am speaking at the Northwest Flower and Garden Show this year? It's the end of February - so you have lots of time to plan for it - and it's going to be so great. I am doing two presentations with book signings following each one. You can buy the book there too - so don't drag your copy along :)
The first presentation is Friday, February 25th at 12:30 in the afternoon. I'll be talking about "Plant Now, Eat Later" showing recipes and other ideas for your favorite garden vegetables and spices. There are so many things to do with your produce I can't wait to talk to you all about it! Hopefully we don't go too far over our 45 minutes on stage!
Then on Saturday the 26th, I'll be showing a easy way to host brunch for your friends. Brunch is such a great way to entertain your friends because it is SO simple. We'll use some of the fresh herbs from your garden (they grow even in February!) and cook some really great recipes together. That presentation is at 9:30am.
There was a campaign a few years ago, (two to be exact) when the previous owners of the show were calling it quits, that it was the LAST YEAR for the Northwest Flower and Garden show. That was kind of a bizarre campaign, because they were actively trying to sell the show. Lucky for us, O'Loughlin Trade Shows bought the show and have kept it rolling along.
The O'Loughlin people are awesome - not only do they produce great shows - but they have made this show really spectacular. You can follow the show all year long on their blog, twitter feed, and on the website. They have recipes, tips, and great ideas all the time. I am super excited to be a part of the show and I'm excited to share more with you as we get closer to January!
images from nwsource.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment